What is your favorite color--this year?

Panatone seems to carry a lot of weight in our world.  Color is our world of course.

This year Panatone has decided that Emerald Green is the color of the year.  There is the "Color Council" which also determines current colors, but it is expensive to belong to it, so I don't know what they have decided.  Anyone know?? Post it here if you do :-)

When I posted this info on my Facebook page there was not a single like or comment until I asked why.  Soon many people posted their feelings, and most of them aren't crazy about emerald green--unless of course they own it on a ring or necklace!  This means they not only don't want to surround themselves with it, they don't like to paint with it either. Green is one of my favorite colors, and I'll admit I have a bit of trouble with it as well. It is decidedly cool to me, but another artist I totally respect says it appears warm to her.

Now here is the really big question.  The more we "see" this color around us, will we begin to like it?  Will we be accustomed to it?  I'd love to know what you think.

Here is the scoop on Emerald Green: "Panatone 17-5641 Emerald, a lively radiant, lush green...a vivid verdant green, enhances our sense inspiring insight as well as promoting balance and harmony."

Sounds awesome, doesn't it?  Now here is the really big question.  The more we "see" this color around us, will we begin to like it?  Will we be accustomed to it?  I'd love to know what you think.

Comments