SDP day 2 additonal



We went for a bit of a walk to air my brain, so now I'll start again.
The Hilton internet is $12.95 per day. Too much. But my Mac Airport app picked up a different server called "Feather", which was $29.95 for seven days, so for the convenience, I signed up. Apparently that caused the whole network to shut down (:-)
'cause I was unable to make a connection at all. Thus begun the support call saga. Then I decided to try dial up through my free ATT number (hotel fee $1.50) no luck there either. It was only one call to AT&T and about seven calls to Feather/Earthlink.
But now.....all is working.

Yesterday was really nice and not too crowded with activities. I did not sign up for any classes this time because I am running for an office, teaching a class, and working in the Chroma booth. That's about enough for me. Hubby is taking two classes.

We saw lots of friends and took the photos that I mentioned on earlier post. We walked to DownTown Disney and had lunch/dinner at the Rainforest. It was a beautiful walk, shady and completely lined with tall yellow day lillies and purple agapanthas. The Teacher reception was very nice. Got to visit with JoAnn Karph of Washington, and we admired the lovely classes offered. Next off to the Chapter MarketPlace. Lots of people there visiting and purchasing the clever and beautiful things offered.

This morning we attended the JoSonja presentation that was a bennie offered to people booked at the Hilton. Jo showed us her method of fabic painting that is durable and soft enough to be washed and "needled" for quilting. She told us how she made the wonderful quilt "Angel Song." SDP asked her to do a quilt for a raffle fund raiser, and she graciously accepted. She has worked it for 1.5 years. It is entirely hand stitched, no machine work at all. Jo has made a packet with DVD instuction and patterns for those who would like to have it. I have watched the DVD and she goes into great detail.

Next we went for a walk and found a nice lunch at Quizno's across from the convention center next to the Desert Inn Hotel. Very fresh, tasty and reasonable. We also noticed a fruit stand just down the street, so we may shop there soon. We can see the field from our 13th floor window. It seems so incongruous to see a big field (strawberries?) and the many people working there, bent over the rows with houses, hotels and freeways surrounding it.

Had to go to the election rehearsal at 3 pm. No, I haven't written my speech yet. We went for another walk, it is wonderful weather here, and now I'll get a bit of painting done and think about that speech. The annual meeting is tomorrow at 5pm, then the Expo opens from 8 pm to 10 pm for registered.

BTW, I've added a link here on the left side down towards the bottom. That will take you directly to the photos. Hopefully you'll see one of your friends there. I've gotten to hug Heidi three times now!

Comments