SDP day 3


Today started out slow and then picked up speed! More photos have been uploaded, so check out page 2 if you go to the SDP photos link on the left.

The election has been held, and I and three others were not chosen to serve as Board Members at Large, but the girls that did get it will do an excellent job. Any of us would have, no slackers in our bunch!!
Prez Elect: Linda Biedermier
Sec./Treas Judy Westergard
Board Member at Large: Mary McClean, Phyliss Gibbs, Corky Dunlap

This is all I can report on at the moment. The meeting went a bit longer than planned, and many of us who had to be on the Expo floor for the people lined up waiting found it necessary to leave right after the election. The MDA/CDA's were to be announced. I was told that 299 boards were sent in for judging. That sure seems like a lot!

The meeting was really nice with a great presentation of snapshots of Priscilla Hauser over the years to a Ethel Merman version of "Everything's Coming Up Roses." It was great. THEN there was a girl who is a professional story teller who told of Priscilla's life over the past 35 years since the society was founded. That was really well done, very very funny and good.

So we got to the Expo floor just a few minutes before opening. There were lots of ladies shopping. I am working in the Chroma booth, so I had to send Dennis off to hunt for me. He did snag a very nice item for a special friend (in Australia). I guess she won't know if I use it before she gets it, right????

Tomorrow promises to be very busy again. Expo opens at 10 am, and I have a class to teach at 1 pm. Probably more pictures tomorrow. I'll keep Dennis busy with the camera.

One neat note: In the elevator we had to make room for a nice guy with a surf board. He is here for the convention and is signed up for two classes--he was just going to catch a few waves in his down time. He is from Florida. I was jazzed that a youngish man (30?) was a member and taking classes. I also saw him at the Annual Meeting, so he also came and voted.

SDP is in pretty dire straights financially, so finding new painters to belong is essential, and Plaid and Deco Art are setting up contests for a membership drive.

Thank you to those who have sent me messages, I understand if you don't want yet another password (it is your Google PW if you have one).
Hugs to all.

Comments

cazzie said…
Thanks for the report Mz Vicki and I'm sure glad you fixed your inernet problems. A bonus for us!
No more gloating about the Rainforest Cafe and Mexican food......vbg.....
Hugs Cazzie