A week at JoSonja Jansen's Folk Art Studio

Mz Arlene Rounce has requested that I give updates on my week here at JoSonja's.  We'll see how the resolve continues, but here's the first installment:

We made the trip to Eureka,CA in about three hours (from Redding). We arrived at about 3:30 pm, which was very good.  We did get rained on a bunch, but it was and is now clear here.  I was the last to show up, some have been here since Thursday prepping.  Ooops.  It's a good thing I don't cave under pressure!  Several people thought I must have come earlier and picked up the pieces to prep at home.  How funny is that?  

The class is VERY full with 30 people.  No room to wiggle.  My seat mate is Noella  from Lake Tahoe, previous owner of the Apple Tree in Maryland (I think)  Noella's last name is completely escaping me at the moment, but hang on, it will come tomorrow.  Helan Barrick is here, JoAnn Karpf, Kathy Hickinbotham, Kathy Ownby,  Barbara Mills, and Ruth Rupp.   Most of these people belong to Decorative Brushes and/or have painted recently with us.  Kathy Ownby painted at Heidi's in January.  But I digress.

So I splashed paint happily on my first project, accepted Barbara Mills' gracious offer to use her traced patterns (yea, scored again)!!  About this time it is now 5:00 pm and Bill Colley closed the studio.

We came back to the hotel and shared a table with Helan and Barbara while we partook of ravioli's and salad for dinner  The Comfort Inn provides a light dinner every night--another score!  Dennis and I walked to Target to get some water and misc.  and I found an iTunes boom box I may *need.*  We came back to the room, got settled around and I proceed to place Barbara's pattern carefully on to my newly prepped and lightly sanded clock piece...and guess what????  With my stylus poised, I discovered that I had left my transfer paper cleverly resting under my palette paper at my studio seat.  NO SCORE!!  

So, now I've decided to write 'chall. and may not even paint the design of the owl and the pussy cat; I am getting other vibes from the clock, no kidding!!  I love the other pieces, so they will be painted as offered.  

You can be sure I'll be at the studio when it opens at 8:00am.....
That's it for now..

Comments