SDP Wed/Thurs/Fri



Sorry, not many photos today. Once the expo opens, they frown on cameras. :-) Photos are under links at left.
My class went well yesterday, so I was happy about that. Then, just in case I wasn't tired enough, Dennis decided we should walk over to DownTown Disney again for a nice dinner. It is a lovely walk, but not short. When we returned it was dusk and all the little white lights were displayed on the trees, and the daylillies looked white against the greenery.
Today was all day in JoSonja's booth demonstrating fabric painting. After painting and creating the wonderful quilt for SDP, she made a DVD on the process and patterns. I don't quilt, so I have been using the technique on shirts and then decided to try it on a silk scarf. The silk scarf would be the most unforgiving of mistakes and susceptible to paint stiffness. I was so pleased that the technique worked beautifully. The scarf is so soft that you cannot even feel the paint.
Let me explain that I have been "aging" this scarf for about 15 years because it is so much trouble to stretch it on a frame, use the resist, etc. It was a minor miracle that I could find it to bring! I have a bit of more work on it and it is done. Tomorrow is the last day of the convention and expo. I got into a cherry mode before I came when my friend and student Carol Lovett gave me two nice bags of washed cherries that she had picked. One bag made it along on the trip and became the inspiration.
When Carol Jean Petty walked up to me I was thrilled to see her decked out in a gorgeous outfit adorned with cherries, even had earrings too, but she always dresses just perfect.

Since I didn't have many photos, I took a few out the window. It is a dark window and a cloudy evening, but you can see the strawberry field quite well.
Tomorrow night is the banquet. We've been invited to sit with the Orange County girls, that should be fun.

Comments